Remember that masks alone cannot protect you from COVID-19. Maintain at least 6 feet distance from others and wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, even while wearing a mask.
Things to Do While Wearing a Mask or Cloth Face Covering
- Wash your hands before touching the mask.
- Inspect the mask for tears or holes.
- Find the top side, where the metal piece or stiff edge is.
- Ensure the colored-side faces outwards.
- Place the metal piece or stiff edge over your nose.
- Cover your mouth, nose, and chin.
- Adjust the mask to your face without leaving gaps on the side.
- Avoid touching the mask.
- Remove the mask from behind the ears or head.
- Keep the mask away from you and surfaces while removing it.
- Discard paper pask after each use; cloth mask may be reused if laundered after each use.
- Wash your hands after discarding the mask.
Things to NOT Do While Wearing a Mask or Cloth Face Covering
- Do not use a ripped or damp mask.
- Do not wear the mask only over your mouth or nose.
- Do not wear a loose mask.
- Do not touch the front of the mask.
- Do not remove the mask to talk to someone or do other things that would require touching the mask.
- Do not leave your used mask within the reach of others.
- Do not reuse the mask.