At Dot, our employees and their families come first. We know that the ever-changing environment can be confusing and unsettling. That is why we are taking every precaution to ensure that you feel comfortable and safe. With your help, we can ensure the safety and well-being of all employees and their families.
Protecting yourself should be your highest priority, especially if you fall into one of these high-risk categories:
Over the Age of 65
According to health experts, those over the age of 65 are most in danger for complications related to COVID-19. However, you can become infected and spread the disease at any age.
People who suffer from any respiratory or cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, cancer, or other immunocompromising condition are more susceptible to becoming seriously ill from the coronavirus than those who were previously healthy.
Recently Traveled to a High-Risk Country
Individuals who have recently traveled to a high-risk country as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) are more vulnerable to contracting COVID-19. As a precaution, the CDC has warned against travel to these countries, unless it is essential.
Precautions to Take at Work
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water as often as possible. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces at home and in your workspace.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues, or cough or sneeze into your inner elbow.
- Get your flu vaccination if you have not already done so.
- Practice social distancing. Keep at least six feet between yourself and others.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
Precautions to Take When You Arrive Home
- Wash your clothes.
- Wash your glasses with soap and water.
- Clean your phone with hand sanitizer.
- Clean your handbag with a wet cloth.
You can learn more about other health and safety tips and tricks by visiting the Health & Safety page here.